How to Adopt a RagaMuffin Kitten
- We reserve the right to hold back any RagaMuffin kittens from our litters for evaluation for use in breeding programs. The kitten will be marked “On Hold Pending Evaluation”. If we decide to release the kitten for adoption, we will mark the kitten as “Available”.
- In order to ensure that our kittens are placed in the best possible homes, we screen prospective buyers and will ask for a veterinary reference. We reserve the right to decline any person's adoption application at our sole discretion.
- If you wish to reserve a RagaMuffin kitten, you will be asked to fill out an Adoption Application. Once your application is approved, you may place a NONREFUNDABLE $300 deposit to reserve one of the available kittens listed on the Kittens page. The deposit will be deducted from the total adoption fee. Kitten adoption fees start at $2000. A RagaMuffin kitten is not reserved until we receive your deposit AND it has cleared the bank. Please remember we may be talking to more than one person about the same kitten. Available kittens will be placed in the order in which deposits are received. The full price of the kitten must be paid one week prior to the kitten leaving the cattery or on the date the kitten is picked up if paying by cash. We accept cash (in person only) and PayPal as forms of payment. If you change your mind, please understand that we may have turned down other potential purchasers, so although your deposit may be applied to a kitten in the future, there are NO REFUNDS of deposits. Please feel free to ask us any questions you like ahead of time to be sure you want to adopt one of our RagaMuffin kittens. We pride ourselves on raising well-socialized, healthy kittens and we want to be sure they go to homes where they will be loved and spoiled.
- Each person adopting one of our RagaMuffin kittens is required to sign a Contract. Please ask us for a draft of this Contract if you are planning to place a deposit on a RagaMuffin kitten.
- Vaccinations will be up to date at the time of pick-up/delivery.
- Pet RagaMuffin kittens will be available to go to their new homes at 16 weeks. All kittens going to pet homes will be spayed/neutered prior to leaving. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- We provide a written health guarantee.
- We do not allow our kittens to be de-clawed. Our RagaMuffin kittens have been trained on scratching posts, so please be sure to have scratching posts available before you take your kitten home.
- RagaMuffin kittens should not be allowed outdoors. Cats can live much happier and healthier lives inside. This is even more important with this breed of cat. Because RagaMuffin cats have been bred for their fabulous personalities, they simply do not have the survival instincts to survive in the outdoors.